Tuesday 18 January 2011

Baby Group Hopes

So now that Little S is interested in toys and is less of a "blob", I've been wanting to go to a baby play group, but didn't feel optimistic about attendance since I'm the only person that attends the breastfeeding groups in both of our local children's centres.  Also, it's been 4 years since I moved here and I still have no friends to hang out with, besides Big S, but he doesn't count ;-).  I finally mustered up some motivation (Little S helped when she didn't go back to sleep after her 9 am feed today) and got our bums out of the door and headed to our very first play group (we were late though, to keep with tradition).



It was great!  There were two other mums there: K with her son, and Z with her twins.  As it happens, we had also done some aquanatal classes together while we were pregnant, so it was nice to see familiar faces.  Little S was fascinated by seeing, and being aware of, her first baby and enjoyed having two new adults to observe and smile at.  It was also their first trip to the group, so we were all new together!  We agreed to attend next week and might also add in the Baby Sign class that I've been pondering.

They said they are relatively new to the area and don't have many friends, so it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this boat.  Can this be the end of my maternal loneliness??  I, for one, am keeping my fingers crossed!

3 comments: