Monday 11 July 2011

Bzzz Goes The Bee!! (part 3 - memory pillow)

I have a "create" list that I'm finally making a start on, mostly because I finally decided to write it down instead of trying to keep it in my head.  I've made a good start on it this past week, which is good because it can make up for all those days of non-motivation! This pretty embroidered memory pillow comes from my personal & business list (yes, I have 2 lists; I blame the Virgo in me).

That being said, my Virgo self didn't mind making this "on-the-fly" without a whole mess of measurements and thought.  Basically, I measured another pillow cover I have and away I went to patching.  I was so excited to finish the patchwork to get to the embroidery, which is something I haven't done for years!  Here's the material lowdown for anyone that is interested:  patchwork was done using 5 different high quality pink and vibrant cottons, the embroidery patch and the back are an upcycled curtain, also cotton, and the embroidery is done using DMC cotton floss.

I love making things that beautify or are practical for my own home that will ALSO work as an item to sell on my facebook fan page or etsy/folksy.  Needless to say, I'm accepting orders on facebook for this latest creation of mine.  Can you tell how swollen with pride I am? ;-)

I am so proud in fact, that I'm going to add this to a link party.  This is my first time joining a link party, so if I've done it wrong, please correct me!  If I've managed to do it correctly, then woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment