Tuesday 21 June 2011

I love Paypal!!

In my ever so humble opinion, Paypal has really made life easier for the small/cottage business.  Just think about it...how would I have taken payment in the past?  Cash or cheque only, unless I wanted to pay heaps of money to a credit card company for the use of one of their terminals.  That being said, if I go to a craft fair I'm still only able to accept cash as I won't accept cheques (the whole bouncing thing in payment for a product that I've spent time and love making makes me an unhappy panda).  So nothing has really changed for face-to-face exchanges, but yippee for the internet option available to us!!

N.B.  I suppose with all those smart phones out there, the option to have money sent to your account and verify it's arrived is a possibility for those that still want to utilize Paypal even when in a "cash" environment.

For those of you that don't use Paypal yet, the reason I love it as a seller is that I have the option to send an invoice, refund payments and create shipping labels from within their program, allowing me to receive funds and take the shipping funds straight out of it (helps to keep it separate from my personal finances, if that makes sense).

As a buyer, I love, and have used, the refund option when I didn't receive an item that I have paid for.  You fill out a form with them and they take care of the rest, thus making it much easier to not lose your hard-earned money.

I love Paypal!!  But I suppose the moral of the story is: I love teh interwebs and our ability to sell our wares in the virtual universe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi from your newest follower, please pop by, Karima x
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Karima! Feel free to pop over any time and share any thoughts you might have :). ~Cecily xx

    ReplyDelete