Tuesday 7 June 2011

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, but the hubby hasn't been feeling well for a few weeks, including a couple of days in the hospital for tests (no...they're not back yet *sigh*).  Anyways, I've been trying to keep busy!!
I have finished 2 projects since I last posted: 1) a larger fabric storage basket and 2) a nappy clutch


I 1st made a smaller storage basket, but felt that it might not sell as well or be AS useful as a larger storage basket.  Being a newish mom, I'm always thinking of things that I would like for myself or Little S, which is why I ended up making a larger storage basket with dimensions that would work to store nappies and wipes.  This basket was put up on Folksy.com instead of Etsy to gauge if there's a difference.  So far, the only differences I've noticed are 1) commission is 3.5% at Etsy and 5% at Folksy, 2) people are more familiar with Etsy (in my humble opinion), and 3) I have had more views on my Folksy basket than the Etsy one, but this might be due to colours, picture quality, etc.



I've been trying to find 1 or 2 things that are fun to make and have a good chance of selling as a useful product.  I think I have found my 1st option, but only time will tell, so keep your fingers crossed!

Well, this has been such a serious and business oriented post that it's probably not overly interesting, but oh well, life can't be ALLLL fun and games once you're an adult...well, maybe if you're independently wealthy, but anyways...

Oh yeah, I now have a Facebook fan page for TheCraftyBox and have been steadily gathering "likes" and I'm considering giving away a prize to either my 100th "like" or to the person that generates the most "likes" in a given time period.  Just today I started my 1st contest: to create a catchy name for my nappy clutch.  The winning name gets a free nappy clutch as a reward!

That's all for now, so be well and be good ;-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment