Thursday 16 June 2011

This Little Blog of Mine...I'm Gonna Let It Shine...

Forgive the title, but that song has been stuck in my head today (with the correct words of course).  I've really been putting in some time on my facebook fan page lately trying to drum up business for my budding WAHM (work at home mom for those not "in the know") business.  Today though, I haven't been scouring "teh interwebs" to find a new person to "like" so that I can get a return "like" and boost my fan numbers, I haven't been marching or cruising to the numerous pages that are promoted through various pages designed just for that task.

Instead I've had a ponderous day (ok, I also went shopping and bought some crafty bits, including a pair of pinking shears that will work for lefties, but that's neither here nor there).  I've remembered how much I loved Irish dancing until being an Irish dance teacher took away some of that love because now it was a business and I was on offer.  I've pondered the vast numbers of crafty-type pages I've come across on facebook in the past few days, many of them selling the same things as me, and I wonder if the economy is partially to blame for people being out of work and trying their hand at home-based businesses.  Mostly, I've pondered if I can make this work...and I think I can.  I recommend this blog post and the links within it to anyone that is getting caught up in the fervor of promoting their pages on facebook as it really helps to point out what should be most important to us.

I will have to remind myself to read this paragraph every now and then when I feel down because I don't have any orders/sales or I don't think my homemade products are as good as the next person's.  Cecily, remember that you love to sew and you make high quality stuff!  This adventure gives you the chance to sew and not fill your house to the brim with the results of your fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment