Tuesday 21 June 2011

Facebook Fan Page Tabs Tutorial

I have seen a few people ask recently how to add a Review and Contact tab on facebook, so I thought I'd write this up to assist anyone that needs it.  I'm also including how to add a Welcome tab just to try and cover all bases :).  Right, before we get started, I want to mention that the Contact and Welcome tab are the ones that I chose to use, but if you do a search through the available apps on facebook, there are several more available.  Ok, here we go!!!

Reviews Tab
1st, do a search for "reviews" in the facebook search bar.  Click on "Reviews" to go to the application page.


2nd, click "Add to my page".


When you do this, a new window opens up and asks you to choose which page you wish to add the application to.  I don't have a picture of the new window as I already have Reviews installed.  After you have clicked to add it to your page, you are done and it should appear in the tabs area under your picture on your fan page.  Whew, 1st one down :).

Contact Tab
So, you can either use your handy-dandy search bar again and put in "ContactMe", or you can just click on this link (yes, I'm helping to encourage laziness).  Follow the instructions on the page and you're good to go!!

Welcome Tab
I had the most fun adding this tab to my fan page, but it was also the trickiest because I had to come up with even MORE ways to describe my shop and what I make.  You can use the search bar again, but you may as well go directly to Pagemodo since their facebook page sends you there anyways.  There are a variety of templates available here, so I won't go into much detail as it's all down to personal preference.  If you don't see the button within the pink box, double check that you're signed into facebook with your personal account.


Woohoo, we're all done!  I hope this has helped you if you were struggling with any of these 3 tabs.  If you discover any errors or anything is unclear, please don't hesitate to contact me on my facebook page or just leave a comment.  Be good!!

~Cecily

No comments:

Post a Comment